Workshop: Networking: What it is/ what it isn’t and how to excel at it without feeling icky
Networking is a phrase that is bandied about, but what does is ACTUALLY mean? The phrase tends to make many people feel a bit icky, especially as women we tend to struggle putting ourselves out there compared to our male counterparts. This workshop aims to distil some of the myths about networking, help you map out your current network and give you a greater understanding of how to network in a way that is comfortable and authentic to who you are.
What the session will cover:
· Distilling some of the myths about networking – what it is and what it isn’t
· How to identify your current network
· How to make networking work for you (what is your goal, how to remain authentic)
· How to network, especially in the current virtual environment and different personality types
Attendees will walk away with:
· A greater confidence in what networking means to them
· An idea on what their current network looks like and where there are gaps/opportunities
· An understanding of what their network allows them to unlock (how does their network get them closer to their goals)
· Practical tips of how to network both virtually and in person, that they can put into action immediately (well, not the in person piece due to lockdown!!)
About your host:
Emily is a Career and Business Coach and pivoted from her successful 9 year career in the Corporate
World in order to set up her own business ‘Emily Button Creative’; which aims to inspire, guide and motivate women to push through boundaries to curate the career and life they have always dreamed of and deserved.