Diversity & Inclusion – what does it really mean? 85% of those asked aren’t sure what “intersectionality” means despite this term being flung around in D+I training.
This workshop is a beginners guide to diversity, inclusion and bias. Come with questions, leave with real, actionable steps you can start taking today to create more inclusive cultures.
This D+I workshop is for everyone. Junior members to CEOs.
- Understand the diversity landscape and concepts such as diversity, inclusion, race and bias
- Definitions of key diversity terms such as inclusion, intersectionality and privilege
- Learn strategies you can implement today to create more inclusive workspaces
- Understand ways to start challenging conversations internally
- Identify best practises and share case studies
About your host:
Sonya Barlow is an award winning entrepreneur, founder of the @LMFnetwork, diversity business coach and motivational speaker. Her efforts are focused on bridging the skills gap and creating inclusive cultures. She has delivered two TEDX Talks; a handful of European keynotes; 210+ skills based-workshops, had her business-based articles published in Metro newspaper and Sifted EU and partnered with global companies such as; Google, Santander, Vodafone, Oxford University, Institute of Coding, GoCo Group, Barclays, Financial Times and PWC. In 2020, she was named as one of the Most Influential Women in Tech (Computerweekly), Winner of the Women in Software Changemakers (Makers and Google), Top 50 BAME Entrepreneurs (TechRound) and Future Shaper 2020 (Marie Claire). In 2021, Sonya will be a published author sharing her debut handbook on entrepreneurship, business & becoming your own boss!