Job Title: Baking Assistant/PA
Job Description: I’m looking for a super enthusiastic assistant to help me during Peak Gingerbread Season (Oct-Dec). The build up to Christmas is always the most fun/most busy time for me and I need someone really reliable who’s up for the challenge of making everyone’s gingerbread dreams come true in my small kitchen-studio in East London!
You’ll be calm under pressure with a positive attitude, great attention to detail, and be generally excited about Christmas, gingerbread and baking. Basically I’m looking for a fab all-rounder to get stuck into churning out those sweet slabs of gingerbread, but also able to assist with other aspects of the business as needed.
- Responding to client enquiries, maintaining the order calendar, liaising with couriers to arrange deliveries/collection of finished buildings
- Stock taking and ordering materials/ingredients as needed
- Making large quantities of dough and baking hand-cut components to a consistently high standard
- Ensuring hygiene standards are maintained
- Assisting with Instagram stories/social posts, photo shoots and other ad hoc duties when not baking
- Based at Maid of Gingerbread studio, Hackney Central, E5. (Possibly also some work on location, but this depends on the projects that come in.)
- 18-28 hours per week. Specific days and hours tbc, totally flexible for the right candidate.
- Dates: From 23rd October to December 23rd 2019 (but could start earlier in the year if needed.)
Is the job paid? Yes, £10.55/hr (London Living Wage)
Job Location: London
How to apply: To apply, please email email@example.com with details of your relevant experience and availability.